Our pupils will become competent, confident mathematicians who are empowered enough to be able to apply their knowledge to events they encounter outside the classroom.
- Design a curriculum that is fully inclusive of every child
- Empower all pupils to progress within this core academic curriculum subject
- Provide rich opportunities to produce work that is meaningful
- Ensure all children make progress from their starting points
- Motivate our children to be ambitious with their learning; to know and remember more, empowering them to do so by planning to teach subjects in a naturally coherent manner
- Teach knowledge in a way that considers each child’s individual cognitive load
- Place a high demand on pupils in terms of knowledge, skills, quality of work and attitudes to learning.
- Make links between the knowledge the children are taught and provide them with opportunities to use and develop skills with a purpose that goes beyond work in school books
- Develop our children’s vocabulary, reasoning skills and oracy to prepare them to be resilient citizens of the future
- Provide opportunities for children to solve a wealth of problems with confidence and creativity.
- Be certain that all of our children are securely prepared for the next stages in their educational careers
Websites to help with times tables
Learning patterns and rules: https://www.mathsisfun.com/multiplication-tips-tricks.html
Times tables practice with time limit (6 seconds): https://www.timestables.co.uk
Times Tables Games: maths-games.org
Times Tables Games for 7 to 11 year olds: topmarks.co.uk
Free Multiplication Math Games: Multiplication.com