Physical Education (PE):
To be confident in physical skills and sports, be competitive, value fairness and respect.
- Enable every child to develop and progress in terms of their social, moral, spiritual and cultural development
- Motivate our children to be ambitious with their learning
- Instil a passion for learning and a determination to make a difference to others
- Create connections with our school and wider community
- Teach pupils so that skills and knowledge is progressive whilst making this apparent to our learners
- reflect all-embracing beliefs, rooted both in traditional British Values and those of our Academy, placing a high demand on pupils in terms of attitudes to learning
- Enrich pupils through carefully planned trips, visitors and experiences
- Provide our pupils with opportunities to use and develop skills with a purpose that goes beyond work in school books
- prepare our children to be resilient citizens
When pupils at West Row Academy reach Upper Key Stage 2, they take part in swimming lessons at our local swimming pool, The Hub in Mildenhall. This year our year 6 pupils will be swimming in the summer term. On swimming days, children will attend in their normal school uniform and will have the time and facilities to change into their swimming kit at The Hub.
Pupils will need:
- A named swimming costume (swimming trunks for boys and one-piece swimming costume for girls);
- A swimming towel;
- A named swimming hat;
- Swimming goggles are optional.