Pupil Premium is funding paid by the local authority / government directly to schools. There are many benefits for both the pupil and the school these include:
- Free school meals;
- Additional funding to support learning, progress and overall achievement;
- A wide variety of interventions to support engagement and learning;
- Support with learning and emotional needs through the purchase of extra resources;
- Additional targeted support for individual vulnerable pupils;
- Additional support staff.
Please note that if your child is in Reception or Years 1 and 2 then they are automatically entitled to a free school meal each day as part of the Government Universal Free School Meal initiative. However, it is important you register your eligibility for free school meals, so the Pupil Premium grant comes to West Row Academy, and we can support your child's learning. It will also ensure your child’s entitlement to free school meals automatically continues at the end of year 2.
We strongly encourage all eligible parents / carers to apply where appropriate. No one will know who has registered, and it will not affect any other benefits being claimed.
Any children registered for free schools meals, whether they take them up or not, ensures our school is given extra funding to support their needs.
To be eligible for Pupil Premium, a family must be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
Under the current rules the school would receive Pupil Premium funding for any child or young person who has claimed Free School Meals in the last 6 years.
To register for free school meals:
(This takes you to an online portal to apply. If you need support accessing this, our team will make time to help you.)
Telephone: 0345 606 6067
If you are uncertain if you are eligible for the free school meals scheme, and would like a confidential conversation to find out more, you can also contact Beck in our office. Becky is skilled in dealing with these situations sensitively and is always happy to help.
- email Becky at email@example.com
- or phone Becky in the office on 01638 715680