West Row Academy has a uniform which we expect all children to wear. We are proud of our uniform and wearing it adds to the sense of community we encourage in our school.
Thank you to all of the adults who support our children with this.
The uniform consists of:
- Grey trousers or shorts/grey or black skirt/pinafore dress/red and white chequered or striped dress;
- White or red polo shirt/white shirt or blouse;
- Red academy sweatshirt with the academy logo/red cardigan;
- Plain white short or knee-length socks/black or grey tights;
- Black shoes or black trainers.
Please label everything your child wears/brings.
Physical Education (PE) Kit:
Last year, we consulted with the pupils and Parent Forum about our PE kit. We agreed on a simple, inexpensive PE kit that every pupil can wear to school on the days that their class has PE.
- Red sweatshirt with / without school logo (no other logos or hoods);
- Plain white or plain red t-shirt with / without school logo (not a polo shirt as we don’t want buttons);
- Plain black jogging bottoms or plain black shorts (weather dependent);
- Plimsolls / trainers;
- Socks red / white / black. These don’t need to be sports socks;
- It is helpful to have a light-weight waterproof jacket for outside learning.
Remember hair should be tied back and earrings taped over or taken out at home on PE days.
All of these items can be bought from a supermarket. For items with our school logo, you can contact our school uniform suppliers via https://corporatetiger.co.uk/?product_cat=west-row-primary-school.
All pupils need an outdoor kit: pupils spend a lot of time outside for PE throughout the year and PE is not often ‘rained off’. We want everyone to be excited at the prospect of getting out there and not shivering at the thought.
Please label everything your child wears / brings.
Other things to note…
Children also need a named book bag. It is helpful to have a named PE bag if they attend after school clubs.
Jeans and jewellery are not considered suitable for school wear.
A stud or very small sleeper earring are the only type of jewellery we permit. For safety reasons, these must be removed for PE and swimming activities or you must provide tape to cover them. Pupils must be able to use the tape themselves. Removing earrings or taping ears at the start of the day is an option if your child cannot do this. Staff are not able to remove earrings.
Pupils are allowed to wear a watch to school. This must not be a smart watch. The children must take full responsibility for it. Watches must also be removed for PE lessons.
For safety, shoulder-length hair should be tied back; provide a scrunchie in the PE kit, or tie it back before the start of the day to ensure pupils are safe.
Uniform can be ordered from:
Corporate Tiger Ltd,
82c/d James Carter Road,
Tel: 01638 717172
My Clothing Website: https://myclothing.com/west-row-academy/8064.school
Tel: 0800 059 0594
If you would like more help with any of the above information, please contact our administration team in the school office.